Wednesday, January 7, 2009

SATYAM -- The new word for FRAUD

Today morning when I woke up and switched my laptop for the morning
news (Late night news in India), I was shocked to hear about Ramalinga
Raju's admission of fraud. I have lot of my close friends working in
Satyam including my cousin (Vijay) and I was immediately thinking as
to what is going to happen to them. When I called up Vijay, he was
angry at first as to why everybody from the morning are asking him the
same question as to why Raju did that and later he confessed that lot
of people including him are now worried regarding their future. This
couldn't have come at a wrong time when the economy is doing extremely
bad and people are finding it difficult to stick on to their jobs
least find a new one. I am appalled to find as to how a company with
such a big market share and boasting of PWC as their auditors managed
to do this. Raju's infamous quote. "It was like riding a tiger not
knowing how to get off without being eaten," will now be forever
remembered. My heart goes for all the 53000 employees whose future at
this moment hangs in balance because of the mistake done by a single
guy.

No comments: